Thanks for visiting. Please comment below.
I will give my opinion of the order of importance. My opinions are based on careful observation and 10+ years of experience.
1. First and foremost, unique, relevant, original content. Content is king. Without unique content that your readers will find useful your website or blog will carry no weight in the search engines.
2. Title tag. The title tag is the tag that will show up at the very top of your browser window. This tag should use very specific key words and phrases that relate to the individual pages you are optimizing.
3. Website or blog structure. When talking about structure I am referring to layout, navigation, proper css, proper xhtml, proper html5 (if used), and any other code properly structured.
4. Headings must be key word rich, not stuffed and must be tagged with the correct h tags. Below I have laid out the six proper heading tags.
<h1>This is heading 1</h1>
<h2>This is heading 2</h2>
<h3>This is heading 3</h3>
<h4>This is heading 4</h4>
<h5>This is heading 5</h5>
<h6>This is heading 6</h6>
5. Links Inbound and outbound. Inbound links are links coming from other sites on the web. These links must come from sites that are in some way related to your site and have a decent page rank of at least pr3 or better. Having links from just any site are not always beneficial to your site SEO.
Outbound links should have some use to your readers. If there is no benefit to your readers there is no sense in having them anyway.
These are just some very basic SEO tips but in my opinion they are the most important. There is much more to SEO.
If you have no interest in performing your own SEO on your website or blog and would like to have a free no obligation evaluation of you site please contact us.
Don’t forget to sign up for our FREE newsletter at the top of the right column and follow our rss feed at the top of the page.